Monday, October 10, 2005


Thanksgiving Day - Today is thanksgiving day... "Small letters because it is so much of a small holiday. A day off work for so many people. But the turkey dinner and the giving of thanks for all that the year has brought is completely invisible to the holiday. I hope you are saying. "not at our house".
I asked my grandson what thanksgiving Day was and he said he did not know, so I explained the first thanksgiving story of Indians helping the colonies. I explained how it was in the fall because the farmers give thanks for the good harvest. I tried to explain all that he had to be thankful for. I asked him to talk to his mother and father about the holiday.
What more can I do? Who wants to take their day off to cook a big family dinner. When both parents work and the kids are at the babysitters during the weekdays; the day off (work and school) is sort of a family together day. ( Hope someone sees thanksgiving day for what is was and could still be)

No comments: