Monday, October 31, 2005



Halloween Ghosts - If anything is invisible guess they must be ghosts.
I know there are spirits and ghosts because Halloween night they were playing with me.
What a heckly way to start a night's work. I walked into work on the evening of Halloween and everything went wrong.
First, I must say, that where I work it was at one time a Bar until one day a shootout killed a man at the table in the far corner. Just sitting there and bang..dead in his chair with beer still on the table
Seems that the bar did not have a lot of business afterward, and was finally bought and converted to my employers business.
I often think I see the ghost of that man, as I knew the chair where he sat. I might be making up the image but I think I have seen him. (in his red checked shirt)

Anyway, starting work I begin to prepare my work load and work area... Where my work load is on pallets and all placed in the same storage area; now all my pallets are not together. No I don't think the ghosts moved them... (just some one in the head of the workers before me doing a very sloppy job).. then the dolly to move the pallets seems to have sticky wheels..(Push, pull as I may, seems someone is holding back the dollies) Passage from storage to work area is now blocked with storage of other materials..(Maybe day workers are playing a Halloween trick on me...(centainly not a Treat) So now 5 minutes to clean a line of passage by moving boxes.
Back for second dolly, same thing...Damm wheels sticking.. Damm it, push,pull and jerk to get from there to my workstation. Always afraid too much forcing will cause the whole pile to tumble.
Then as I hang my coat, (which I had layed over the first dolly), it falls to the floor like the hooks on the wall is not there. ( now I have to clean off the floor dust... not that easily in a shop). Then my water containers flips over from the second dolly. A mess to clean up before someone walks in it. Seems the worst day of my life as everything is a few minutes goes wrong.
As I go back to get the last dolly of the night's work load and finally a good rolling dolly. I say to myself. "With all that is happening something will happen with this dolly also"
But as the next minute passes and I get to my workstation; now happy to be finished my preparation, I tell my self "Oh I don't believe it. here and nothing happen"

Well as I was pushing the dolly into the small area where I store my last load of work; it drops from a stack of racks to a pile of racks ..( the side which hold the stack upright, seperated) no really... So I am now picking up the fallen pile and attempting to save the packages from the damage caused by the weight of the above packages.
Well in the first 15 minutes, more happen to me than would normally happen over a whole week.

No comments: