Tuesday, October 11, 2005



Seeing What's not Missing - Often in the invisible world, things are missing or we wish not to see them; however, sometimes it is by seeing something we become aware of what is.
Yesterday, thanksgiving Day, was as I said a quite day. However, when leaving for work at 10 pm, I spotted a very new (model) television at the side of the street. As I passed on the bike, I sort of noticed it and paid no attention; until after passing it I realized it had the controller sitting on the top.
If the TV was for the garbage and not working, why put the controller on top of it?. The presence of the controller suggested that it was still working. I did a 360 and went back to check it out.
It was quite heavy, so putting it on the seat of the bicycle; I walked it home and went to work afterward. This morning, after work, I tested it and it works really well (except for a hard to see pale line which rolls up the screen)
It was the controller sitting on top of the television which indicated the owners believed it was still good. So very often it is harder to sell it for a few dollars than throw it to the garbage.
Often, in our fast world, we do not see the fine detail of the scene and continue pass without stopping. ( This television will go well in the bedroom where now I can easily fall asleep with the delay shutoff option or the controller.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bang blast
Ahh the fresh smell of bleach British blogs have recently found themselves getting comments from a fictional character who promotes a household cleaner.
Hey, you have a nice blog here! Awesome job. I have
a timberland boot site. It pretty much covers timberland boot related stuff.

Come and check it out when you get time :-)

Love Bowls said...

Thank you. Have checked out your site and How the heck do you find so much on a simple subject as boots. Well done.