Thursday, October 13, 2005


Taken for granted - Don't we all assume that when we next shut off the computer and reboot that it will reboot. We are so sure of the technology that when we get to the point of my computer not turning on; we suddenly accept that there is a $1 microswitch which if it breaks the whole thing is broken.
Yes, I shut down the computer, to do some work on my other computer and hard disk and when I went to restart it, NOTHING. Push the switch as many times as I wish it would not reboot my computer.
This morning, 18-20 hours later, I said, I will try it ,... just in case... an damm it ,,, it booted.
Now I, will shut the computer off with the power bar switch until I know what happen.
In this invisible world , we take so much for granted... We assume all will be as it was yesterday..
So if you reading this.... When did you last do a back up of important files.<
Oh, by the way, for the television which was in the garbage... guess the previous owners just bought a DVD because I discovered from my daughter that this good tv does not have the three plugs needed to connect a DVD. Oh well, I have yet to buy a DVD

No comments: