Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Cyber Flirting - Talk about an invisible world. It is hard enough to catch the eye of a beautiful lady on the street, in the bowling alley or in your friends apartment building and throw a quick smile. (Yes, my smile is my flirt) But, in cyber space, unless it is a cartoon which pops up at the bottom of the screen and winks; (Like the yellow cat of Microsoft office) I doubt if the smile will do much.
In the invisible world of cyberdating, it is more like fishing. Throw the line in and hope to get a nibble. Yes, quite a good comparison, as the experiences of cyberdating can be as gross as putting a worm on the hook. And you can catch anything from a catfish to a gorilla in those cyberwaters.
Have stopped by a few sites during the last week, not a cyber dating regular, as the last time there was with Udate.com several years ago. Nice photos, so why not throw the line in to the water and stop living alone.
To me there are three type of cyberdating enthusiast (in fishing terms)
- Sharks, those whom have an hidden agenda and will say anything, to get the kill. (what they really want is available in any stripbar or on the corner of downtown for a $100 bill.)
- Catfish, Bottom dwellers, who live on the misfortune of other. (It is sad that these poeple should find joy playing with the emotions of just widowed ladies)
- Minnow, the "not worth keeping" smallest of all fish. But allow to grow this is the best because it grown into a beautiful mature adult.
Why am I out there flirting. Guess I hope there are still a few minnows left, which can be builded into a mature relationship. A dear friend, (male, like my self) said... " after 50 no one should be alone"
To be honest, I guess I am the catfish today,because as I write this for possible cyber date viewing; (yes to know me is to know my blog) ; my "X" is coming across town to meet me for dinner. No not that type, after 15 years very good friends and can call and say " Hi, I will be in your end of town, do you want to have a coffee".
In the invisible world of relationship, this pass relationship of husband and wife seperatiobns and still being friends is something to write about. But another line, (fishing) in another puddle or creek.
So in the invisible world of Cyberdating, you search long and hard and try you best to find that rare catch. But also, you know the worst type of poeple are out there and try to filter them like you do with those damm spams.
Those whom are great story tellers and believe themself are probably just that. "Story tellers"

No comments: