Sunday, December 04, 2005



Pay your Bills Fast -
Sorry about another blog about money,
but guess I am surpise of the invisible
ways that poeple attempt to cheat each
other or their customers.
The company, where I work, has an arrangement with the employees; which allows them to charge their meals. When they pay these accounts, they receive an 20% discount.
I had a bill of a few months ago. It was just that one month I had 2 bills and payed one and left the other. The following month, the same thing. In the end, a bill of three months ago was paid this weekend.
However, the prices had changed. I was paying 75 cents for jus and now it is $1.oo which was not that bad. But the structure of the meals was also changed this pass few months. Where a customer could buy a Sandwickes for $3.25; it is now change to include two salades.
So when the manager, decided to put my bill into the cash register, I was suprise to find that my sandwickes were now $4.95. I had about 10 sandwicks over the month and now I was paying $1.70 more. Of course, I attempted to discuss it with the manager who replied
`"Nothing I can do. When I enter the sandwick into the cash register it gives me the price" "Maybe, it is best to arrange with the boss afterward" and then again, the 20% becomes a problem because it is reduced from the bill.
So I payed $65 on $80 lunches and know I must go beg for the difference. The discount saved me $15 and I probably lost $17 in this price increase on an old bill.
It is hard to explain why I waited 3 or 4 months to pay the bill. And wanting my job to be secure without problems... I guess I will probably not chase the boss for the differences.

No comments: