Monday, December 25, 2023

Christmas Day Visit 2023

 


Today is Christmas day 2023 and it is 7:30 PM as I am waking up from my day of sleep. I was very happy to have a visit this afternoon  from my oldest granddaughter. Although she was tired and in a hurry to get home from work, she made my Christmas day joyful, and stayed at least two hours. She was a good listener as this years Christmas gift to myself was new dentures and "You look different" was her first comment. I am sure I also sounded different.

We talked about God and about native spiritual ideas which has been a major part of my 80 years. She took time to do my long hair into a Braid, as a Elder would greet a new student. As a baby, I was often her daycare gardien as it was before the present DayCare structure.

My blog writing, usually about my sports; is not hard these days as I usually dictating it on my iPhone and sending it to my computer where my blogs are build. Often, as grandparents we realize our missed opportunities as we should have educated our girls in religion. But it seemed society has also educated them in it"s new moral culture. Today neither of my girls are married but both have grandchildren and live good and honest lives. They have grandkids  to baby sit as their children often request of them. My youngest daughter  seems to be always babysitting her grandkids somewhere at the 4 different homesteads around Montreal. She is a life-line with her free time and all the DayCare strikes.
 

 In my study of the Native Spiritualism, I have always tried to do  my daily "Greeting of the day" and my "Hair is still a Traditional cut".  The Natives that still "Greet the day" are usually following a type of spirital structure of the Native based on "Seven Arrows Beliefs". ( as 7 directions of N,S,E,W,up,down, inward) working toward a triple harmony. (Self, Others, Our small world)  

During our  Christmas day visit discussion, I introduce my granddaughter about another God, the spirituality of the natives and the value of being a good person. In the "Greeting",  I introduced her to the three harmonies of life. To be in harmony with yourself whether it’s to be crying because you did something badly or something really hard like a broken heart..

It is hard to be in harmony with yourself and that is the help that your "life companion" is suppose to give you. I am lucky that my emotions are usually kept in check.. Yes, I can be sad and unhappy but I believe as I have for many years; That my sadness in the absence of happiness should not be something that others bear. So I see life as good and bad times and I wait with patience for these bad time to pass and good times to return.

No-one likes to reveal their feelings and emotions it is like being nude. We are not good at showing off ourselves or who we are. I say this, because in a relationship or marriage, you must allow your partner to share those moments which are not pleasant and sometime they can not help.  But of course you must respect their decision to not help. For they may not know how. It may be something that is in a relationship that needs development. It is what LOVE is all about. "Let Others View our Emotions. (LOVE)

JJT for Marie.

No comments: